Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fitness Challenge

Converting to a plant-based diet.

I find that I really don't miss meat all that much.

Except bacon.

Crispy bacon.

Bacon. Bacon. Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon.

The darn stuff is addictive.  So I try to get the uncured, no nitrites, no preservative kind. $$$$$.

Stupid bacon.

I had bacon this morning. The house still smells like bacon.  After 15 hours.

Actually, I feel kind of sick. I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the yummy bacon made you feel sick. I don't eat much meat, but sometimes I get a craving and eat a few bites--my tummy always hurts afterwards. You would think I would learn, but I never do *sigh*

    I don't know if I will ever follow--or want to follow--a veggie only diet, but I hope it works for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for 85% to 95% plant-based diet. I really do feel better, and I've had less sinus infections and colds this season. My arthritis is better, too.

      I found a recipe for black bean brownies I'm going to try after I make this weeks cornbread (I don't fo well with white flour: silent, but deadly, flatulence. Even the cats won't sleep in my room. Hell, neither would I, given the choice!).

      Delete
    2. This morning it's Irish oatmeal with Arabi's Caramel-Apple butter. And Pu-erh tea. Bliss.

      Delete
    3. I should try less meat for longer than a month (I do a month every year) to see how my body likes it.

      LOL about the cats!

      Delete