Monday, October 1, 2012

October??? When did THAT happen??

Where did September go? For that matter, where did August go?

Work has been hectic, to say the least. My co-teacher had surgery just before school started, so for 4 weeks I have been writing lessons, grading and recording grades for over 300 students, writing the modifications for IEP students, writing modified tests and grading rubrics, implementing Common Core, altering lessons from a 80 minute format to a 50 minute format, and translating everything into Ukranian.

This past weekend was the first time I had not gone to my building on both Saturday and Sunday.

I had a pedicure and a manicure.

Then I cleared closets. I will be moving into my 90 year-old Mom's house, so the back bedroom closet had to be cleared of Christmas decorations.  I had to clear the hall closets to moved the stuff out of the bedroom closet (vicious cycle).

I found a letter from my dad to his mon written in 1942, when he enlisted in the Navy and applied to flight school. I found his commission papers from 1947. I found a panoramic photo of his basic training group--all those young men in their white dress sailor uniforms with rifles.

Boy, I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, super-woman! No wonder I haven't heard (read?) much from you lately. You are leading several lives at the same time and there is only one of you.

    I hope things are working great with the move, and in school, too.

    ReplyDelete