Monday, October 3, 2011

Slip sliding on diet? No hair shirt here.

Monday.
That word usually says it all.
I have tried to post on the other Challenge blogs, but I keep getting this "cookie" message.
Not a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.
Nor an oatmeal-cranberry-almond cookie.
Those types of cookies I understand.
Computer cookies--not so much. (so I'll call the IT guy at work in the morning).
So, Fellow Blog People (which sounds rather like a B grade 1950s horror movie title), bear with the ineptitude of the computer illiterati.

My 4 year old grandson called this evening with this important message:

"Gaia! I'm gonna be a big brother, 'cause Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" Life is good.

Someone somewhere in Blogosphere wanted a Lentil recipe.

Onion, chopped,
carrots, diced
celery, chopped
garlic
EVOO
ham, diced (optional)
lentils (red or green)
chipotle chilis in adobo (or plain chopped green chilis...oh, heck use a can of Rotel, if you want).
parsley
bay (laurel)
summer savory
pinch of cinnamon
pepper (cayenne, black, white, all or combo)
sea salt
water

Saute large handfull of onion in EVOO in stock pot
add smaller handfull each of carrots and celery, stir
add 3 cloves garlic, minced  and saute about 2 minutes
add ham
add 6 to 8 cups HOT water
about 1 lb dry lentils (maybe 2 cups?)
bring to simmer, add chilis and herbs/spices
simmer to desired tenderness--15 to 20 minutes.
serve over whole grain brown rice

calories about 160/1 cup serving lentils (no rice)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on another grandchild!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nom nom, that lentil recipe sounds yummy AND I was just thinking of making a pot of them this weekend, guess I know what recipe I will be trying ;) anyhoo just popped over from the witchy challenge and wanted to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the grandchild and thanks for the recipe (I know I asked for one, but it's possible other people did too).

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete