Friday, January 13, 2012

Reading Challenge Update, 13 January 2012

Some of this has been posted on Pagan Culture comments.

I read Kim Harrison's "White Witch, Black Curse" and felt a little lost until I realized that I had missed something--like the first 6 books in the series, maybe? I have a lot of catching up to do on this one. Seems like a rather good read, engaging. I enjoyed this one.


Mary Downing Hahn" "Witch Catcher", a teen novel I'm glad I did not send to a young witchling in the make, as the witches take the adversarial role in the story line. Stepping back from my personal bias, the overall structure is sound. I wouldn't joyously reccommend it, though.


Tess Whitehurst's "Magical Housekeeping" is a definite keeper. I'm no hoarder, but definitely had a clutter problem. Please note the past tense. One little declutter spell later, I was hooked. The trash collectors probably cringe when approaching my house now. Cupboards that hadn't seen the light of day in years are emptied of nonessential stuff. A non-practicing colleague mentioned that she was getting overwhelmed just thinking about her home office, so I gave her a brief outline of the "positive affirmation technique" I had just read about. I saw her last week and she was aux ange about "that declutter technique"; she had cleared her home office, the storage shed, the back bedroom...I have the kindle edition and the paperback (I think it worth the investment).


Bobby Lake-Thom's "Spirits of the Earth: A Guide to Native american Nature Symbols, Stories, and Ceremonies" requires more than one reading, especially if one is pursuing a shamanistic path or a primitive path of singularity. His teachings on recognizing when a cognisant Nature is attempting to communicate through symbolic occurrance is making me re-evaluate some interactions with wild life, flora, and crystal. This one is thought provoking and needs a few days dedication.

And I received "A Little Box of Spells" in the mail today! Thanks, Magaly!

1 comment:

  1. After reading your review I am going to get a copy of Tess Whitehurst's "Magical Housekeeping". One of my goals this year is to declutter my studio.
    :)THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete