Monday, January 9, 2012

Facing the Year of the Dragon

I have never been a morning person.

However, in the past year I've learned that walking and running interval sprints is best done in the morning. Early morning. Dark-thirty before dawn early morning.

I get cranky if I don't. And the #1 Rule at High School is: DON'T MAKE MS. R CRANKY. Rule # 2 is--well, Rule #2 doesn't matter as long as you follow Rule #1.

Starlight. Moonlight. The change of colors in the sky. The wind. Right now, the very cold, uncomfortable wind. But it's invigorating wind. Birdsong. Owls. Deer. Silence. One with nature.

I really like getting up in the morning, now.

I haven't weighed in or taken measurements. My goal is to eat less processed food (organic frozen dinners I will allow for lunches at work until I get paid and can get the real food to cook). Eliminate processed sugar. Once a week, go meatless, wheatless, sweetless. Not all that hard.  Animal protein is once a day (except for "meatless" day).

I don't think I can eliminate dairy at this point.  Beef is pretty much a thing of the past.  Will still eat bison and venison, fowl and fish. Limit pork.

And if I'm getting up at 4:40, I need to put the trash on the curb, get the cat in and go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I just love early mornins, so peaceful to me. and if I don't get that workout in early, well sometimes it just doesn't get done!

    You've been tagged "=)

    http://kyndvalley.blogspot.com/2012/01/game-of-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might go crazy without sugar *sigh*

    ReplyDelete