Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Reading Challenge

This week in reading paradise:

The Primitive Witch's Handbook: The Essential Guide for the Primitive/Country Witch in a Modern World
compiled by Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc.

As I dance a primitive path, this little gem resonated with me. The author doesn't yield to man-made redes, pageantry, rituals, ritual garments, priestess hierarchies, and a slew of other directives commonly found in the published works concerning the craft. The only deity is oneself. Do  what you feel is right, and ignore the opinions of others--this is your craft.

I like her.


Dracula in Love, Karen Essex.

A light, easy read. I was irritated at Drac at the end of the novel, though. Never before have I wanted to bitch slap a character in a novel.

You decide.

Currently reading Poppy Palin's (no relation to the godzilla of Wasilla) Craft of the Wild Witch. Also, Nujood Ali's I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced--OK, not "crafty", but women's rights are up there and if someone doesn't like it, bite me. "Forks Over Knives" was reccommended by my doc. Apparently, I was doing this anyway.

I need to wash my hair before Downton Abbey comes on.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand your feelings when it comes to Karen Essex's Drac (ha! Drac). What a piece of work! I wanted to decapitate him a few times, too.

    Poppy Palin's Craft of the Wild Witch is one of those books I keep on going back to. Actually, I just reread chapter two, "Strong Roots, Lengthening Branches"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged! http://www.thedomesticpagan.net/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://kimr-gaia.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged-im-it-now-what.html

      Delete